Advanced (A1/A2) Class and Weekly Dance
Learn and Dance Advanced (A1/A2)
Class (via Blasts) and Dances start January 27.
- Have FUN!
- Learn Advanced, the DWC way.
- Reignite the excitement you felt when you first started to learn square dance!
- Improve your Mainstream/Plus.
If you have any interest in Advanced whatsoever...
Let us know now even if you cannot start right away. We will cancel future classes now if no interest is shown. Also let us know if the above days/times are inconvenient; we can consider other options. We want to hear from you!
- Christopher Schlitter (and Ri-Shea!)
- Schlitter home in West Cary
- 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Saturday, January 27, 2018 (Learn most of A1 at this Blast.)
- 7:00-9:30 p.m. - Wednesdays - Dance Night
- NOTE: Breaks between tips will be less than 5 minutes.
- $ 5.00 per person - or -
- 1 Multi-Pass Point. Attendance via Multi-Pass is at least a 20% discount and can reach 50% or more!
- Saturday Blast is $15.00 (or 3 Multi-Pass Points) per person.
- If you are not satisfied with the Blast classes:
- Ask for your money back! -or-
- Repeat the Blast for free!
- We must ensure a quorum.
- Personal attention to each dancer means we must limit attendance to a small group.
- Therefore, RSVPs are REQUIRED.
Learning a complex activity like square dancing, at any level, by taking classes just once a week is not efficient. It's slow and you forget too much between classes. Not all students attened all classes. A lot of time is spent reteaching material.
A "beginner's mind" can learn a lot all at once. Remember how many brand new concepts and calls you learned at your very first introduction to square dance? Learning an entire dance program, like Advanced, is really a question about getting the new material to "stick" and become natural to you.
Therefore, we believe it is efficient to learn via a series of Blast classes. After each Blast, you will just dance Wednesday nights, of course with review as needed. Once the new calls become natural, your "beginner's mind" will be reset, and the group can decide on a day for the next Blast class.
It all depends on the participants, but we expect this Blast/Dance sequence will be repeated 2 or 3 times to learn - really learn - all of Advanced.While not required -- only you will know -- we recommend that students take the DWC Advanced Blasts a second time through for a more solid foundation. Often things become more clear when presented the same material a second time. Besides, helping to angel the next group of Advanced dancers is a great way to "pay it forward."
Besides dancing with us on Wednesday nights, we expect that you will want to dance Advanced at local special dances, festivals and conventions. Also there are other local groups and clubs that dance Advanced: Mondays (Crash Test Dancers), Wednesdays (Firehouse Squares), and Fridays (Model A's).
Learn and dance Advanced with us and you'll soon be joining this extra square dance fun.